- Keep Your Trip Details Organized in One Place
- Take Advantage of an Interactive Travel Guide App
- Avoid Over-Spending on Purchases
- Communicate with the Locals
- Choose the Best Places to See, Dine, and Experience
- Dont Let Unexpected Bad Weather Ruin Your Trip
- Keep Track of What Time It Is
- Take and Share Photos of Your Trip
- Make International Calls
- Stay Entertained During Long Flights
Stay Entertained During Long Flights
Yet another way your iPhone or iPad can be useful on a trip is to keep you entertained during long flights. Prior to your departure, use the iTunes app to access the iTunes Store and purchase a handful of episodes of your favorite TV shows or purchase or rent movies. Once downloaded to your iOS mobile device, purchased or rented content from iTunes can be viewed without requiring an Internet connection. Be sure to bring along a pair of comfortable stereo headphones or ear buds, preferably with noise-cancelling technology built in.
Keep in mind, even if an airplane offers Wi-Fi Internet access, many of the apps that stream TV shows and/or movies to your iPhone or iPad will not work, and the majority of these apps, such as HBO Go, will not work outside of the United States.
Of course, the iBooks 2 app (free) can also be used to find, download, and read eBooks and digital editions of newspapers or magazines on your iPhone or iPad. This too is a great way to keep you entertained and informed during a long flight or layover.