Using Parental Controls
Your Xbox 360 lets you customize and manage your family's access to games and media across the console, and the XFINITY TV app is no exception. Depending on how you set your Family Settings, restricted content on the XFINITY app will appear with a lock icon. To play a locked item, the Family Settings pass code must be entered.
To set a pass code, do the following:
- Go to the Settings channel and select Family.
- Select On to turn on Console Safety; then select Save and Exit.
- Select Create Pass Code; then select Set Pass Code.
- Enter a four-button pass code using your controller. Press the areas on the controller that correspond with the numbers you want. As you enter your code, the gray circles turn black.
- At the Verify Pass Code screen, confirm your four-button pass code by entering it again. You are returned to the Set Pass Code screen.
- Select your pass code reset question. Select Enter Reset Answer and enter your answer when the virtual keyboard appears.
- Your answer to the reset question now appears at the Set Pass Code screen. Select Done.
- At the Content Controls screen, select Save and Exit.
After you turn on Content Controls, you can further customize the settings, including Ratings and Content, Family Timer, and other access options. The following four options specifically apply to the XFINITY TV app:
- Movie Ratings: Enables you to set movie access to All Movies; R, parental guidance suggested for those under 17. years; PG-13, parental guidance suggested for those under 13 years; PG, parental guidance suggested; and G, OK for all ages.
- TV Ratings: Enables you to set TV access to All TV Shows; TV-MA, may be unsuitable for those younger than 17 years; TV-14,may be unsuitable for those younger than 14 years; TV-PG, parental guidance suggested; and TV-G, OK for all ages.
- Explicit Content: Enables you to select whether explicit content is Allowed or Blocked on the console.
- Unrated Content: Enables you to select whether unrated content is Allowed or Blocked.