- Changing Your Wallpaper
- Getting Details About Your iPad
- Setting Alert Sounds
- Password Protecting Your iPad
- Setting Parental Restrictions
- Setting Side Switch Functionality
- Setting Your Date and Time
- Modifying Keyboard Settings
- Changing Safari Settings
- Changing Music Settings
- Notification Center Settings
- More Settings
Setting Side Switch Functionality
When the original iPad came out, the side switch was an orientation lock. It was very useful for fixing the orientation while reading a book. But then Apple changed the functionality of the switch with a software update and turned it into a mute switch like the iPhone has. That made a lot of people unhappy. So starting with iOS 4.3 and after, you get to choose what you want the side button to do.
Tap the Settings icon on the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Choose Lock Rotation if you want your side switch to be an orientation lock switch.
- Choose Mute if you want the side switch to mute the volume on the speakers and earphones.