Adding Your Own Photos
Now that you know a little about how to view photos in Facebook, it’s time to add some of your own. First, you need to locate and decide which photos you want to share online. After you’ve figured that out, you’re ready to create an album and upload some photos.
You can easily create a new photo album from the Photos page. You can also control who has access to your photos using the audience selector control. First, you’ll select which photos you want to upload; then you can fill out the album name and description details and post the pictures.
Follow these steps to start an album for the first time:
- From your profile page, click the Photos link to open your Photos page.
- Click the Add Photos button.
A standard Select Files or Open Files dialog box appears listing your computer’s contents. Navigate to the folder containing the pictures you want to upload and select the files.
To select multiple photos, you can hold down the Ctrl key and click filenames (Mac users can hold down the Command key), or if the photos are contiguous, you can hold down the Shift key and select the last file in the sequence.
- Click Open. Facebook uploads the files, as shown in Figure 9.6, and you can fill in details about each photo or the album in general.
Figure 9.6 After you’ve selected which files to upload, you can specify an album name, location, and audience.
- To name the album, click the Album Title area and type a name for the album.
- To add a description, click the Say something about this album area and type a brief description about the pictures.
- Optional: In the Where were these taken box, type the location in which the pictures were taken and use the Add Date option to add a date, if applicable.
- Use the Say something about this photo area under each picture to add a caption.
- Click the Audience Selector drop-down arrow and select your audience for the album, such as Public or Friends.
- When you’re done filling out information, click Post Photos. Facebook posts the albums on your timeline. To view it at any time, you can open your Photos page and select the album name.