Managing Your Account Settings
When you first sign up for AdSense you enter a lot of information about yourself and your website. If you want to review that information or change any of it, select the Account Settings page on the Home tab.
As you can see in Figure 4.8, your account settings are divided into several sections:
- Personal settings, including the email address you use to log in to AdSense, your preference for email notifications, and the language you want displayed.
- Account information, including your publisher and customer IDs, your payee name and address, phone number, account type, and active products.
- Payment settings, including your desired payment method, tax information, and your self-hold status (whether or not you’ve placed payments on hold, such as for vacations).
- Default ad display preferences, including the default ad type (for content ads only) and the default font family and size for ads on your site.
- Access and authorization, including sites authorized to show ads, crawler access, third-party access, and users who have sign-in access to your account.
Figure 4.8. Viewing your account settings.
Most of these items can be changed if you wish. Just click the corresponding Edit link to expand that item for editing, make your changes, and click the Save button. (Figure 4.9 shows the Default Ad Display Preferences section expanded for editing.)
Figure 4.9. The Default Ad Display Preferences section expanded for editing.