Playing any individual track within Spotify Mobile is as easy as tapping that track wherever you happen to find it. You can then proceed to do other tasks while you listen to the track; tap the Now Playing button to return to main screen for that track.
Figure 3 Playing a track on Spotify Mobile
The Now Playing page displays the album cover for the track, as well as the main playback controls[md]Rewind, Pause/Play, and Fast Forward. You can use the track scrubber, at the very bottom of the page, to go to a specific point in the song.
To view more information about what's now playing, tap the Info ("i") button at top-left corner of the screen. This displays the track info screen, from which you can do the following:
- Tap the album name to view the album page that contains this track.
- Tap the artist name to view the Spotify page for this artist. From here, you can view and play additional albums, singles, and other tracks this artist appears on.
- To add this track to a playlist, tap Add To (+), and then select the playlist from the list.
- To "star" this as a favorite track, tap the Star icon.
- To share this track with a friend, tap Share Track. When the Share Track page appears, you can choose to email a link to this track; send the track to one or more people in your Spotify People list; share the track to Facebook; or share the track via a Twitter tweet.
Figure 4 Viewing more track information
To return to the previous screen, tap the Hide button at the top-right corner.