Working with Highlights
Highlights are a convenient way to mark passages that are important or that you want to review later on. Highlights are available in books and in personal documents that are in Mobi format. You cannot highlight periodicals.
Adding a Highlight
Just like highlights in a physical book, a highlighted passage in a Kindle Fire book appears as yellow highlighted words.
- Tap and hold to begin selecting a passage you’d like to highlight.
- If necessary, tap and drag on the left and right of a selection to select more or fewer words.
- Tap Highlight.
Deleting a Highlight
Unlike highlights in a physical book, you can delete a highlight in a Kindle book.
- Tap on the middle of a page in the book that contains the highlight you want to delete.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Locate the highlight you’d like to delete.
- Tap and hold the highlight and tap Delete.