- Tip 1: Follow the Rules
- Tip 2: Choose a Profile Headline That Means Business
- Tip 3: Choose and Use Google+ Circles Wisely
- Tip 4: Use Scrapbook Photos to Tell a Story
- Tip 5: Give Your Profile Optimal Search Visibility
- Tip 6: Engage in the Conversation
- Tip 7: Let People Know About Your Google+ Profile
Tip 5: Give Your Profile Optimal Search Visibility
One of the advantages of having a Google+ profile is that it appears in Google search engine results. For example, if you search my name on Google, you'll find my Google+ profile on the first page of results (see Figure 4).
Figure 4 Make it easy for people to find your Google+ profile when searching on Google.
To verify that your profile is visible in search results, click the Profile icon at the top of Google+, click the Edit Profile button, and finally scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Profile Discovery field. You must select the checkbox in the pop-up box if you want your profile to appear in search results.
Concerned about profile privacy? Google+ gives you complete control over who can view each section of your profile. Click any profile section and select your privacy preferences from the drop-down list. Your options include sharing with anyone on the Web, extended circles (your circles and the people in their circles), all of your circles, or certain circles that you specify.