- Upgrade Your iPhone or iPad to iOS 5
- Customize Notification Center
- Activate Twitter Integration with iOS 5 Apps
- Customize iCloud-Related Features
- Turn on iCloud So it Functions with iWork for iOS Apps
- Activate iCloud Backup
- Each iOS Device Needs to Have iCloud Functionality Turned On
- Make Sure Your Apps Are Up-to-Date
- Future iOS Updates
Future iOS Updates
Now that you're running iOS 5, when a new version of the iOS operating system becomes available, you can download and install it via the Web as long as a Wi-Fi Internet connection is available. There's no longer a need to connect the iOS device to your primary computer and use the iTunes Sync process.
In the future, to upgrade the iOS that's running on your iPhone or iPad, launch the Settings app; and from the main Settings menu, tap the General option. Then, from the General menu within Settings, tap the Software Update option.
You will see a message that says "Checking For Updates." If an iOS update is available, it will automatically be downloaded and installed on your iPhone or iPad. Otherwise, the message "iOS 5.x Your Software Is Up To Date." will be displayed.