- Upgrade Your iPhone or iPad to iOS 5
- Customize Notification Center
- Activate Twitter Integration with iOS 5 Apps
- Customize iCloud-Related Features
- Turn on iCloud So it Functions with iWork for iOS Apps
- Activate iCloud Backup
- Each iOS Device Needs to Have iCloud Functionality Turned On
- Make Sure Your Apps Are Up-to-Date
- Future iOS Updates
Each iOS Device Needs to Have iCloud Functionality Turned On
If you're using an iPhone, iPad and/or an iPod touch (fourth generation or later), you'll need to configure iCloud to work with each device separately, plus turn on app-specific iCloud functionality on each device, in order to be able to synchronize data wirelessly between your iPhone and iPad, for example.
It's also essential that when you access the iCloud option from within Settings, the same account-related email address (that's linked to your iCloud account) be entered on each of your iOS devices. This is done from the iCloud menu screen.