- Upgrade Your iPhone or iPad to iOS 5
- Customize Notification Center
- Activate Twitter Integration with iOS 5 Apps
- Customize iCloud-Related Features
- Turn on iCloud So it Functions with iWork for iOS Apps
- Activate iCloud Backup
- Each iOS Device Needs to Have iCloud Functionality Turned On
- Make Sure Your Apps Are Up-to-Date
- Future iOS Updates
Turn on iCloud So it Functions with iWork for iOS Apps
To utilize iCloud's Documents In The Cloud feature, in addition to turning on the Documents & Data option found on the iCloud menu screen within Settings, it is also necessary to turn on iCloud functionality for each iWork for iOS app you plan to use, including Pages, Numbers, and/or Keynote.
Access the main Settings menu, and under the Apps heading, one at a time, tap the app listing for apps that offer iCloud functionality, such as Pages. At the top of the Pages menu screen within Settings, for example, turn on the virtual on/off switch that's associated with the Use iCloud option.
You must also do this for Numbers and Keynote, plus any other third-party app that's iCloud-compatible. Otherwise, those apps will not automatically sync files or data with iCloud.