Using the Google+ Bar
Exploring the Google+ Bar
The Google+ bar is a handy toolbar that displays at the top of any Google product, including Google+, Google (the search engine), Gmail, Google Reader, and so forth.
If you aren’t signed in to Google+, the bar offers the basic features shown in Figure 7.1.
Figure 7.1 The Google+ bar offers limited tools if you’re not signed in to Google+.
After signing in to Google+, additional features are available on the Google+ bar (see Figure 7.2).
Figure 7.2 Access popular Google+ features on the Google+ bar.
From left to right, the tools available on the Google+ Bar are:
- +[First Name]. Open your Google+ profile. For example, if your first name is Anne, this link displays as “+Anne”.
- Links to access Gmail, Calendar, Documents, Photos, Reader, and the Web (this takes you to www.google.com). Click the More link to display a drop-down list of other products, including YouTube, News, Maps, Books, and more.
- [Full Name]. Open a menu of popular Google+ features. For example, if your name is Anne Smith, this link displays as “Anne Smith.”
- Notifications button. View notifications of recent Google+ activity, such as people who have added you to their circles.
- Share button. Share content on Google+.
- Your gravatar (a small photo). Open a menu of popular Google+ features.
- Options button. Open a menu with options to access Google+ settings, Google+ Help, and your web history. You can also send feedback to Google+ from this menu.