- Browsing to a URL
- Searching the Web
- Viewing Web Pages
- Returning to Previously Visited Websites
- Bookmarking Websites
- Delete Your Bookmarks
- Creating Home Screen Bookmarks
- Filling in Web Forms
- Opening Multiple Web Pages
- Copying Text and Images from Web Pages
- Using Images from Web Pages
- Viewing News Articles with Safari Reader
Creating Home Screen Bookmarks
If a web page is somewhat important, you might want to create a bookmark for it. If it is extremely important and you need to go to it often, you might want to make sure that bookmark is saved to your Bookmarks Bar so that it is easily accessible.
However, if a web page is even more important to you than that, you can save it as an icon on your iPad’s Home screen.
- Use Safari to navigate to any web page.
- Tap the boxed arrow button at the top of the screen.
Choose Add to Home Screen.
- You can now edit the name of the page. Most web page titles are too long to display under an icon on the Home screen of the iPad, so edit the name down to as short a title as possible.
- You can tap Cancel to leave this interface without sending the bookmark to the Home screen.
Tap Add to complete adding the icon to the Home screen.