This chapter is from the book
By default the Drupal search module is enabled and allows you to search content in your site; however, it is not publicly available. You will need to adjust the permissions for this module to allow all site visitors to search content on your site. Complete the following steps to enable searching for everyone.
- On the administrative toolbar, click People.
- At the top right, click the tab Permissions.
- Scroll to the heading Search.
- Along the row "Use search," enable all the check boxes.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save permissions."
Chapter 16 covers additional information on making your site search engine friendly.