- My Introduction to Brand Positioning
- The Four Building Blocks of Brand Positioning
- The Competitive Frame of Reference
- Points of Difference
- Points of Parity
- Current Versus Aspirational Points of Parity and Points of Difference
- The Brand Mantra
- Key Principles Behind a Successful Ad-Free Brand Positioning Project
- The Four Phases of an Ad-Free Brand Positioning Project
- Basic Training Is Now Complete!
Current Versus Aspirational Points of Parity and Points of Difference
When we begin to develop points of parity and points of difference in Chapter 4, one thing to keep in mind is that you may develop points that the brand currently owns today and points that you hope to be able to achieve in the future. Brands shouldn't feel like they can only define themselves by what they are today.
By choosing points of parity and points of difference that describe who you are today and who you want to be down the road, you'll ensure the brand is not only well positioned today, but also has room for future growth.