Searching with Spotlight
Spotlight enables you to search your Mac a bit more completely than using the Search bar in Finder windows. The results are more organized, too. Do the following to use Spotlight:
- Click the Magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner of the window. The Spotlight tool opens.
- Type what you want to search for. This can be literally anything, including text, dates, and so on. As you type, Spotlight shows the results of the search, organized in sections based on the types of results you've found. Results can include documents, emails, webpages, contacts, and so on.
- Keep typing until you find the results for which you are looking.
- Click a result to open it.
- To move back to your results, press cmd+spacebar.