Downloading a Free App
If you find an app that you like and it’s free, you can immediately download it to your Xoom and begin using it.
- From the app’s information page, tap the Download button.
- For both free and fee-based apps, you see a pop-up window letting you know what services the app requires to work.
- Tap the OK button to proceed with the download, or tap Cancel to opt out of the download.
- If you click OK, you see a message indicating that the installation has started.
- After the installation is complete, click the Open button to open the app and use it.
- Tap the Manage button.
- Place a checkmark in the checkbox if you want to allow an app to perform automatic updates (optional). (See the “Automatic Updating” note for details on why you might not want certain apps to automatically update.)
- Tap the Open button to open the app and use it.
- Tap the Uninstall button to remove the app from your Xoom.