- The Music ApplicationAudio
- Managing Playlists
- Playing and Sharing Videos with the Gallery Application
- Recording Videos with the Camera Application
- Using doubleTwist to Synchronize Audio and Video
Using doubleTwist to Synchronize Audio and Video
You might already have a large music collection on your computer and maybe some movies and videos you want to copy over to your Motorola Atrix 4G. You can use a free program called doubleTwist to do this. We went through the steps of installing and setting up this application in the Prologue. If you haven’t installed it yet, skip back to the Prologue and follow the instructions.
Running doubleTwist and Mounting Your Motorola Atrix 4G
When you use doubleTwist, you need to connect your Motorola Atrix 4G to your computer using the supplied USB cable and mount it as a new drive. Get started by launching doubleTwist on your computer and connecting your Motorola Atrix 4G via the USB cable.
- Pull down the notification bar and touch USB Connection.
- Touch USB Mass Storage.
- Touch OK.
Synchronizing Music by Dragging It
After your Motorola Atrix 4G is visible in doubleTwist, you can drag music to it.
- Click Music in doubleTwist to see all the music on your computer.
- Find the song you want to drag to your Motorola Atrix 4G.
- Click and drag it down to your Motorola Atrix 4G (it might show as MB860) under DEVICES. You should see a green plus icon when your mouse is hovering over your Motorola Atrix 4G. When you drop the song on your Motorola Atrix 4G, doubleTwist copies it over.
Synchronizing Existing Playlists
If you have iTunes installed, you might have already created playlists of music. You can use doubleTwist to synchronize those playlists.
- Click your Motorola Atrix 4G under DEVICES. It might show as MB860.
- On the right of the screen, you see any existing playlists. Put a check mark next to Sync Music to Device.
- Put a check mark next to any playlists you want to synchronize to your Motorola Atrix 4G.
- Click Sync.
Creating Playlists in doubleTwist
If you are using iTunes to synchronize playlists, you can create new playlists in iTunes and use doubleTwist to synchronize the music. However, if you don’t use iTunes, or you want to create playlists outside of iTunes, you can create them in doubleTwist.
- Click the new playlist button in doubleTwist.
- Type the name of your new playlist.
- Find music on your computer in the Music section of doubleTwist.
- Drag that music to your newly created playlist. When you’ve added songs to the playlist, repeat the steps in the “Synchronize Existing Playlists” section to move the playlist to your Motorola Atrix 4G.
Using doubleTwist with the Amazon MP3 Music Store
You can use doubleTwist to purchase music from the Amazon MP3 music store. You first need to register with Amazon.com and set up a method of payment.
- Click on Music Store under the DOUBLETWIST heading and then click Sign In.
- The first time you try to use doubleTwist to purchase music from Amazon, you see a warning telling you to sign in to your Amazon account using a web browser. Click Go to Amazon.com to continue.
- Complete the process online. When you’re done, you see a confirmation message in doubleTwist. Click Continue to use the Music Store.
Normally you need to manually convert your video to work on mobile devices. This involves figuring out the screen size and CODECs to use. doubleTwist has a great feature that automatically converts the video for you as you drag it onto your Motorola Atrix 4G.
- Click Movies under DOUBLETWIST. Find the video or movie you want to copy to your Motorola Atrix 4G.
- Drag the video to your Motorola Atrix 4G or to an existing playlist. If the video is in your iTunes archive, even if it has no DRM, you won’t be able to drag and drop it.
- A pie chart indicator shows the progress of the video conversion. After the pie chart fills up, it disappears to indicate that the video has been successfully moved.