- The Music ApplicationAudio
- Managing Playlists
- Playing and Sharing Videos with the Gallery Application
- Recording Videos with the Camera Application
- Using doubleTwist to Synchronize Audio and Video
Playing and Sharing Videos with the Gallery Application
The Gallery application enables you to view pictures and video, and share pictures and video with people via MMS, Bluetooth, YouTube, and email. I cover viewing and sharing videos in this chapter and cover pictures in Chapter 9, “Taking, Storing, and Viewing Photos.”
- Touch the Gallery icon to launch the Gallery application.
- Touch All Videos.
- Swipe left and right to scroll through your videos.
- Touch a video to load it.
- Touch to start playing the video.
- Touch the video while it is playing to reveal the control bar.
- Touch to pause the video.
- Drag left and right to move rapidly forward and backward through the video.
- Touch to see information about the video.
You can share videos with people using text messaging, email, uploading them to photo sites, or posting them to YouTube. Here is how.
- Touch the Menu button while playing a video.
- Touch to start the process of sharing your video.
- Choose a method of sharing your video. Read the following section for specifics about sharing the video through each of the available options.
Sharing Video Using MMS (Text Messaging)
Share a video using an MMS text message by completing the steps in the “Sharing Videos” section and then completing the following steps.
- Address the MMS.
- Type an optional message to go with the video.
- Touch Send to send the MMS.
Resizing a Video for MMS
You cannot send large video files via MMS, so you often see a message asking if you want to resize the video.
- Touch Yes to resize the video or make it shorter.
- Use the sliders to make the video shorter.
- Drag a slider past the maximum or minimum length to pull both sliders left or right. This adjusts the portion of the video that you want to send.
- Touch the Menu button and then touch Resize to resize the video, which can help give you an extra few seconds.
- Touch either QCIF to resize your video to 176 pixels wide by 144 pixels tall (which is very small) or QVGA to resize your video to 320 pixels wide by 240 pixels tall.
- Touch OK.
- Touch the Menu button and then touch Done to have the video resized and cropped the way you have chosen. The message is sent via MMS.
Sharing Video Using Bluetooth
Share a video using Bluetooth by completing the steps in the “Sharing Videos” section and then completing the following steps.
- Touch the previously paired Bluetooth device. If the paired device accepts Bluetooth file sharing, the video is sent. I cover how to pair Bluetooth devices in Chapter 4, “Connecting to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and VPNs.”
- Touch Scan for Devices if you have previously not paired with the device.
- After the scan is complete, touch the device you want to pair with.
- Touch Pair to confirm that the pairing passkey is the same on your Atrix as it is on the device you are pairing with.
- Touch the device you have now paired with to start the file transfer.
- While the file is transferring, you see an icon in the notification bar indicating the transfer is in progress.
Sharing Video Using Email or Gmail
Share a video using email or Gmail by completing the steps in the “Sharing Videos” section and then completing the following steps.
- Address the email.
- Type an optional subject.
- Type an optional message.
- Touch to send the email.
Sharing Video on YouTube
Share a video using YouTube by completing the steps in the “Sharing Videos” section and then completing the following steps. If you have not previously entered your YouTube account credentials, you are prompted to do so before you can upload your video.
- Enter the title of your video.
- Touch to upload your video.
- Touch to set additional information for your video, such as marking it as public or private.
- Choose whether your video should be public (which is the default) or private.
- Enter tags or keywords for your video.
- Touch to send the GPS coordinates or location of where you recorded the video.
- Touch to upload the video to YouTube.
- Touch and hold on a video that you want to delete.
- Touch Delete.
- Touch OK.