- 1. Create Content that Attracts Your Target Audience
- 2. Create a Welcome Tab that Encourages Visitors to Like Your Page
- 3. Add a Facebook Like Box to Your Website or Blog
- 4. Add a Facebook Like Button to Your Blog Posts
- 5. Run a Contest, Sweepstakes, or Coupon Giveaway
- 6. Use Facebook as a Page
- 7. Promote Your Facebook PageOnline and Offline
7. Promote Your Facebook PageOnline and Offline
Here's a quick roundup of other Facebook page promotion ideas:
- Spread the word about your Facebook page by posting a link on your personal profile or sending friends a private message (click the Share link at the bottom of your page's left column to open the Post to Profile dialog box, shown in Figure 9).
- Promote your Facebook page on your business card, ezine, print newsletter, email signature, and letterhead.
- Include a link to your Facebook page on other social media sites, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Mention your Facebook presence on your company's print, online, and TV ads
- Link to your Facebook page from the employer field on your personal profile using the Firefox Web Developer add-on.
- Print your Facebook URL on t-shirts or other personalized items, if your business uses them.
Figure 9 Spread the word about your new Facebook page on your personal profile.
With a little effortand a consistent stream of quality contentit isn't that hard to start developing an audience for your Facebook page. Remember, though, not to assume that people will like your Facebook page just because it exists. Your page needs ongoing promotion to grow and flourish. For more Facebook tips, visit the Facebook page for Que Publishing's Using Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/UsingFB.