- 1. Create Content that Attracts Your Target Audience
- 2. Create a Welcome Tab that Encourages Visitors to Like Your Page
- 3. Add a Facebook Like Box to Your Website or Blog
- 4. Add a Facebook Like Button to Your Blog Posts
- 5. Run a Contest, Sweepstakes, or Coupon Giveaway
- 6. Use Facebook as a Page
- 7. Promote Your Facebook PageOnline and Offline
5. Run a Contest, Sweepstakes, or Coupon Giveaway
The lure of getting something for freeor at a substantial discountmotivates people to like a Facebook page. Many Facebook page owners offer simple contests open to anyone who likes their page. Others tie the prize to a specific action such as commenting on their page or liking posts.
Figure 7 shows the Que Publishing eReader Sweepstakes tab, designed using a Wildfire Interactive application.
Figure 7 A well-managed contest can draw more fans to your page.
Wildfire Interactive (http://www.wildfireapp.com) offers a variety of apps that enable you to manage contests, sweepstakes, and coupon giveaways on your Facebook page. Pricing varies based on the features you require, starting at $5.00 plus $0.99 per day for a basic campaign.