- 1. Create Content that Attracts Your Target Audience
- 2. Create a Welcome Tab that Encourages Visitors to Like Your Page
- 3. Add a Facebook Like Box to Your Website or Blog
- 4. Add a Facebook Like Button to Your Blog Posts
- 5. Run a Contest, Sweepstakes, or Coupon Giveaway
- 6. Use Facebook as a Page
- 7. Promote Your Facebook PageOnline and Offline
3. Add a Facebook Like Box to Your Website or Blog
A Like Box is a widget that you place on an external website or blog, encouraging people to like and visit your Facebook page. Because of its size and content, a Like Box attracts more attention than a simple link. Figure 4 shows a sample Like Box.
Figure 4 A Like Box posted on a website or blog is a good way to draw attention to your Facebook page.
To add a Facebook Like Box to your site, click the Edit Page button in the upper-right corner of your Facebook page and select the Marketing tab. Click the Add a Like Box to Your Website link to open the Like Box page, where you can customize the content and appearance of your box. Copy the text in the iframe section and paste this HTML into an appropriate location on your site. Your blog's sidebar is a great place to include a Like Box.
If you don't have room for a Like Box, a Facebook page badge is another option (see Figure 5). To get the code for your badge, go to the Marketing tab and click the Get a Badge link. Facebook offers three page badge layouts in varying sizes.
Figure 5 A Facebook badge can draw attention to your page, even if you're short on space.