- 1. Use LinkedIn Sections to Draw Attention to Your Skills and Accomplishments
- 2. Create a Quick Resume from Your LinkedIn Profile with Resume Builder
- 3. Gather More Company Intelligence with the Enhanced LinkedIn Company Search
- 4. Find Connections at Top Companies with the Company Insider Widget
- 5. Check Out the New Jobs Tab for Your Favorite Groups
- 6. Visit LinkedIn's Job Portal for Students and Recent Graduates
5. Check Out the New Jobs Tab for Your Favorite Groups
LinkedIn Groups have always been a good place to network with professionals in your field. Almost every imaginable profession offers one or more LinkedIn groups in which like-minded people congregate. Now with new enhancements to the Jobs tab, LinkedIn Groups offer even more for job seekers. These enhancements enable you to
- View jobs shared by group members and the group manager.
- View which of your connections can refer you to this job (because of their connection to the employer).
- Refine search results if the Jobs tab displays numerous jobs.
- Search all jobs posted on LinkedIn.
- Participate in career discussions, which share the same format and features as general group discussions.
- Save interesting jobs for future follow-up.
Figure 6 shows an example of the new Jobs tab.
Figure 5 Find relevant jobs and participate in job-related discussions.
To share relevant jobs with group members, click the Share Job link on the right side of any job posting and then select the group or groups you want to share with.