- 1. Use LinkedIn Sections to Draw Attention to Your Skills and Accomplishments
- 2. Create a Quick Resume from Your LinkedIn Profile with Resume Builder
- 3. Gather More Company Intelligence with the Enhanced LinkedIn Company Search
- 4. Find Connections at Top Companies with the Company Insider Widget
- 5. Check Out the New Jobs Tab for Your Favorite Groups
- 6. Visit LinkedIn's Job Portal for Students and Recent Graduates
3. Gather More Company Intelligence with the Enhanced LinkedIn Company Search
LinkedIn's company search enhancements provide even more relevant company intelligence for your job search campaign. To search for a specific company, select Companies from the search drop-down list in the upper-right corner of the screen, enter the name of the company you want to find, and click the Search button (a small white magnifying glass on a blue button). To search for companies based on keywords and other criteria, select Search Companies from the Company menu on the global navigation bar.
On the Search Companies page, you can
- View how many people in your network are associated with each listed company. Click the People link to display a complete list of people.
- View the name, photo, and title of up to four people in your network who work at that company. The exact people who display in the section vary based on the search term you used to find the company. These people often offer a great way to learn more about a company or get insight and information about open jobs.
- View the number of job postings available at a specific company. Click the Job Postings link to view a list of these postings.
- Refine your search results by location, industry, available job openings, your connections at the company, company size, number of followers, and Fortune company size ranking (such as only Fortune 500 companies).
Figure 4 shows an example of the type of company insight you can find on the Search Companies page for companies that interest you.
Figure 4 Find connections at companies you'd like to work for.
Another good job search tip is to follow the companies you're interested in working for by clicking the Follow Company link to the right of the company name. You can choose to receive daily or weekly updates on what's new at each company you follow, including new job postings, company profile updates, and employee changes.