Unrooting Your NOOKcolor
Want to go back to stock NOOKcolor software? Turn off your NOOKcolor and remove the microSD card.
If you previously did an Internal Flash method of rooting, here are the steps for restoring the NOOKcolor back to factory settings:
Part 1: Restart and Interrupt the Starting Process Eight Times
- Turn off your NOOKcolor.
- Turn on your NOOKcolor. Do not turn away.
- When you see the "Welcome to the future of reading" screen, press and hold the power button. This interrupts the start up process. If the Android start up animation does not appear, count 1 or add 1 to your start up count. If the Android start up animation appears, the restarting count is reset to 0, and you'll have to start over again.
- Repeat the process from step 2 until you get up to eight on the restart count.
- The NOOKcolor at this time flashes its firmware and you will see a screen that reads "Installing, A new software update is being installed. This will take a few minutes." Let the process finish.
Part 2: Reset the Device
- With the NOOKcolor off, hold the Home button and the power button. The NOOKcolor starts up. Keep holding the buttons.
- You will see a screen to reset your NOOKcolor to factory settings with two options. Press Power to exit. Press Home to continue.
- Press the Home button. You will be given the two options again.
- Press the Home button.
- Your NOOKcolor erases the data, deregisters, and reboots the device.
Your NOOKcolor is no longer rooted.