- Change or Become Irrelevant
- Build a Story that Lasts
- Perception Is Everything
- The Power of Keeping Promises
- It's Not What You Know. It's Who You Know.
- Screw Mediocrity
- Enhance Offline Relations with Technology
- Break All the Rules
- Be Passionate About the Work You Do
- Allow Others to Tell the Story for You
3. Perception Is Everything
As stated in the previous section, storytelling is extremely important. However, the perception of others is even more important when building your brand. Perception is everything when it comes to personal branding. We can be as creative and honest with our personal story, but what happens if someone perceives the story differently?
The perceived story is truth.
While it is important to build a strong story, it is important to build that story around perceptions and value of others. We do not want to be the only one shaping our story. It is important to let your network shape your story as well.