- Protecting the Ideas Behind Your Code
- Obfuscation As a Protection of Intellectual Property
- Transformations Performed by Obfuscators
- Knowing the Best Obfuscators
- Potential Problems and Common Solutions
- Using Zelix KlassMaster to Obfuscate a Chat Application
- Cracking Obfuscated Code
- Quick Quiz
- In Brief
Obfuscation can be the best way to protect the intellectual property in Java bytecode.
Obfuscators perform some or all of the following transformations: stripping out debug information, name mangling, encoding strings, changing control flow, inserting corrupt code, eliminating unused code, and optimizing bytecode.
Obfuscation introduces maintenance difficulties that can be minimized by configuring the obfuscator.
Obfuscated code is still readable unless control flow obfuscation and string encoding is used.