This chapter is from the book
The following are best practices from this chapter:
- Choose the SQL Server Feature Installation option on the Setup Role step in SQL Server setup. This creates the Reporting Services database in SharePoint Integrated mode and makes it ready for the SharePoint configuration.
- Run Install Software Prerequisites for SharePoint to install the Reporting Services add-in for SharePoint (rather than downloading it).
- Add the Report Builder Report, Report Data Source, and Report Builder Model content types to any document library that will store reports. Customize the New Document menu to show these content types as choices.
- Choose Windows Authentication for Authentication Mode if Kerberos is configured, otherwise choose Trusted Account.
- Use a domain account that is a member of the Administrators group on the server where Reporting Services is installed.
- Activate the Reporting Services Feature for all existing site collections. If you choose not to do this, you can selectively activate the feature in the appropriate site collections.