Task 1 – Centralized Logging
- Step 1. Set up a centralized log server on RHEL02 using the following guidelines:
- The server must accept logs from all clients on the 220.127.116.11/24 subnet.
- All security logs should remain local to the system that they are on.
- Only /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg should be forwarded to the centralized server.
- Step 2. Set up each server or client system in the lab to forward the appropriate logs to RHEL02.
The task is complete when all logs are set up correctly and the centralized log server (RHEL02) is collecting the correct logs.
Task 2 – System Monitoring
- Step 1. Create a BASH script on RHEL01 using the following guidelines:
- The script must output the ps aux command to a file called system_mon located in the /opt directory.
- The script must output the amount of free memory to a file called system_mon located in the /opt directory.
- The script must append the date to the system_mon file.
The task is complete when the script records the necessary information in the required file and the file is named correctly.
Task 3 – Scheduling Jobs
Perform the following tasks on RHEL01:
- Step 1. Set up a cron job to execute every day at noon. The job should execute the script that you created in Task 2.
- Step 2. Create a single job to occur 10 minutes from now that will output the date and time to all users who are logged in to the system.
The task is complete when all jobs have been scheduled and they execute successfully.