These books, such as The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, open in either landscape or portrait mode. When there, to move to the next page, swipe your finger from right to left. To move to the previous page, swipe your finger from left to right. The reading screen, however, offers more options than just reading (see Figure 8).
Figure 8 Options when reading regular NOOKbooks.
If you do not see the surrounding bars in the reading screen, just tap the page and they will appear. Before exploring some of these options, take a quick tour:
- Library: Tapping this returns you to your NOOK library.
- Go To: Tapping this opens the table of contents with links to see your notes and annotations and bookmarks. You can scroll through any of these items and click the appropriate link to go quickly to that spot in the ebook.
- Bookmark: Tapping this adds a bookmark to this page.
- Search: Tapping this lets you search for specific text in this ebook.
- Brightness: Tapping this lets you adjust the brightness.
- Font: Tapping this allows you to adjust the specific font, justification, colors, and font size.
- Scroll Bar: Tapping and holding this lets you move quickly from page to page.