Following are the best practices from this chapter:
- Use DNS load balancing for SIP traffic. A hardware load balancer is still required for web services such as the address book service.
- Although the Lync Server Control Panel might seem more familiar at first, there are many functions that can only be accomplished in the Management Shell.
- Always install the SQL backward compatibility pack to ensure all cmdlets run correctly.
- For larger deployments, separate out conferencing services to a dedicated pool.
- Use the RBAC controls to delegate administration rights.
- Always publish a new topology before making changes or installing a new server role.
- Use the Get-CsUser cmdlet for Lync Server-specific information and the Get-CsAdUser cmdlet for general Active Directory information.