- Locating Your iPhone/iPad with MobileMe
- Password-Protecting Your iPhone or iPad
- Additional Security for Corporate iPhone and iPad Users
- Protecting Your Hardware Investment
Protecting Your Hardware Investment
Apple's two-year AppleCare Protection Plan ($69 for iPhone, $99 for iPad) is helpful in many ways, but it doesn't cover theft or certain types of damage. Replacing or repairing an iPhone or iPad that's lost, stolen, or damaged can be expensive, so you may be interested in some additional protection options.
Some third-party insurance companies offer comprehensive insurance coverage for Apple mobile devices, covering a broad range of damages (including damage caused by water), as well as theft. Here are two top options:
- For $89 per year, Worth Ave. Group offers comprehensive iPhone 4 insurance, which includes coverage against drops, spills, and theft, as well as unlimited hardware repairs and replacements. (A $50 deductible applies for each claim.) A one-year policy for the various iPad models is priced around $80.
- SquareTrade offers comprehensive insurance coverage for all models of Apple iPhones and iPads, starting at $99 per year.
Unfortunately, if you opt exclusively for third-party insurance for extended coverage, you'll miss out on access to Apple's superior in-store and telephone tech support and related services once your device's initial 90-day warranty expires, unless you also purchase the optional AppleCare Protection Plan. The AppleCare option is highly recommended for novice iPhone/iPad users, who may need the support and training that Apple provides.