- Introducing Google Sites
- Creating, Formatting, and Customizing a Web Site
- Choose a Page Type
- Manage Pages Within a Site
- Embedding Documents, Gadgets, and Media in a Site
- Sharing, Publishing, and Protecting a Site
- Using Sites to Manage Your Class
- Gadget Gallery and Development
- Passing the Google Sites Exam
Gadget Gallery and Development
Gadgets are web-based applications that users can add to their pages (the most common page is the Start page template). For example, term-of-the-day gadgets, videos, and even calendars can be gadgets added to the page.
There are hundreds of gadgets that students and teachers can add to their site pages, but this doesn't mean a Google Apps Administrator will want just any gadget allowed.
The open source project, Feed Server Client Tool, lets the Google Apps Administrator ban certain gadgets from appearing in the gadget list and gives the school more control over the content added to the site.