Editing Site Settings
So far in this hour, you have used the Site Setup dialog box to define a website. Now let's edit those settings and along the way explore the Advanced Settings tab to complete additional site settings.
Advanced Settings include:
- Local Info—Set a default images folder and other options to help Dreamweaver write links to them. We'll explore this further in the next section.
- Cloaking—Select files types to exclude from all operations in Dreamweaver, a useful feature if you keep non-site project files (such as meeting notes or original graphic files) in the project folder you designate as your site folder.
- Design Notes—Choose options for sharing Design Notes. We'll explore these setting further in Hour 24, "Maintaining a Website."
- File View Columns—Change the order of the information columns that appear in the Files panel associated with each file, such as size, type, notes, and modified date.
- Contribute—Configure Dreamweaver to use rollback and event logging supported by Contribute, a web editing package that complements Dreamweaver. See Hour 14, "Using Site Assets, Library Items, and Templates," for additional information about working with Contribute.
- Templates—Set how Dreamweaver manages file reference paths when you use templates. Hour 14 covers templates in details.
- Spry—If using the Spry framework for interactivity, select the folder in which the widgets are stored. Hour 19, "Using Spry, the Widget Browser, and Extensions," discusses Spry and related technologies.
You learn about other advanced options later in this book. In Hour 23, you set up the Remote Info category in order to upload your files to a remote website. In Hour 24, you explore the Cloaking and the Design Notes categories.