Create a Form Library from InfoPath
Solution: From the File menu, select Publish. On the Publish page, click SharePoint Server (Publish Form to a SharePoint Library).
In the previous section, you created the form library manually. By doing so, you understood where the InfoPath form was going to be published and submitted. When starting from scratch with the Blank Form template, you can use the Publish Form to a SharePoint Library option to create the form library and publish the form, but you also need to enter submit options after the form has been published. Therefore, you need to publish again after you have entered the submit options. It becomes a chicken-or-the-egg scenario.
Nonetheless, if you create a form using the Blank Form template, you may create the form library to house it using the Publish Form to a SharePoint Library option, as follows:
- From the File menu, select Publish. On the Publish page, click SharePoint Server (Publish Form to a SharePoint Library). The Publishing Wizard appears.
- Enter your main SharePoint URL or the full site address where you want the form library created and click Next.
- Keep the defaults to create a form library and use the form in the web browser. Click Next.
- Select the Create a New Form Library option, as shown in Figure 2.12, and click Next.
Figure 2.12 Selecting the Create a New Form Library option allows you to create the form library from InfoPath.
- Enter the name of the new form library and a description on the next wizard dialog and click Next.
- Click Next on the fields selection dialog.
- Verify the information and click Publish.