- 1. Windows Live SkyDrive (Online Collaboration and File-Sharing)?
- 2. Basecamp (Collaborative Project Management)
- 3. Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 (Enterprise Collaboration)
- 4. Campfire (Group Chat)
- 5. Wikispaces (Wiki)
- 6. Yammer (Enterprise Social Network)
- 7. WebEx (Online Meetings and Video Conferencing)
- 8. MindMeister (Mind Mapping)
- 9. Twiddla (Collaborative Whiteboard)
- 10. Octopz (Digital Media Collaboration)
4. Campfire (Group Chat)
Campfire is a web-based group chat tool that integrates with Basecamp and other 37signals applications. With Campfire, you can set up a password-protected chat room on the fly, share text and files in real-time, and save a transcript for future reference. Integrating a voice conference call is another option. And if you need to collaborate on the go, check out the Campfire app for the iPhone.
As with other 37signals products, Campfire offers several plans based on your needs and budget. The most popular plan, Plus, is priced at $24 per month and lets you chat with up to 25 people at a time. Larger organizations can upgrade to a plan that supports 100 simultaneous chatters. If you're on the budget, the free plan lets you talk with four people at the same time.