- 1. Windows Live SkyDrive (Online Collaboration and File-Sharing)?
- 2. Basecamp (Collaborative Project Management)
- 3. Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 (Enterprise Collaboration)
- 4. Campfire (Group Chat)
- 5. Wikispaces (Wiki)
- 6. Yammer (Enterprise Social Network)
- 7. WebEx (Online Meetings and Video Conferencing)
- 8. MindMeister (Mind Mapping)
- 9. Twiddla (Collaborative Whiteboard)
- 10. Octopz (Digital Media Collaboration)
10. Octopz (Digital Media Collaboration)
If you want to collaborate on digital media, check out Octopz. This online tool enables creative teams to collaborate on videos, audio, animations, Flash files, and 360-degree panoramas, as well as traditional documents. For example, if you use 3D applications such as Maya or 3ds Max, you can view, manipulate, and mark up your models just like a traditional document. Octopz also includes a whiteboard for brainstorming and support for text messaging, VoIP chat, and webcams. A subscription to Octopz starts at $99 per month, but you can sign up for a free trial to try before you buy.