- 1. Seek Reviews from any Site that Matches your App's Category
- 2. Seek Reviews from NonApp Review Sites
- 3. Solicit Newspapers to Review Your App
- 4. Persistence Pays Off
- 5. Post All Reviews Everywhere You Can
3. Solicit Newspapers to Review Your App
Despite its reported demise, the good old fashioned newspaper can be a good source of reviews for your app. There are a couple of reasons for this.
First, newspapers like to run stories about local entrepreneurs. It brings a sense of community to talk about local companies and people who are doing creative things.
Second, newspapers are always looking for content to run new stories. You may be surprised how much attention a newspaper will give to your app, especially if it coincides with another story they are doing about a similar topic.
Another possible benefit of getting your app reviewed and written up in the newspaper is that the article may be syndicated; unique stories may be shared with newspapers across the country, giving you exposure from San Francisco to New York and costing you only your time!