- Gift Ideas
- Creating Other Types of Photo Gifts
- Choosing the Best Photos and Videos
- Converting Older Formats into Digital Formats
- Fixing Problems with Your Photos
- Saving Photos in the Right Format and Size
- Creating a CD of Your Photos
- Creating a Video DVD of Your Photos or Videos
- Creating a Photo Book
Creating a Photo Book
One of the most popular photo gifts right now is the photo book, which is essentially a printed version of a scrapbook. Although some print vendors sell kits to print your own photo book (such as Epson’s now-discontinued StoryTeller), most photo books are now created by uploading your photos and design to a photo book printing site. Depending upon the vendor, you might use a downloadable editing tool or build the book design in your web browser.
Check out the following in-depth reviews before selecting your photo book provider:
- Make Your Own Coffee Table Book (2008 comparison of eight services)
- The Great Photo Book Round-Up Review: Who Makes The Best Photo Books? (April 2010 comparison of 12 services)
- Photo Book Review 2011 (2010 comparison of 14 services)
In addition to these links, see the review of ten popular services in the November 2010 issue of Popular Photography magazine.