- Gift Ideas
- Creating Other Types of Photo Gifts
- Choosing the Best Photos and Videos
- Converting Older Formats into Digital Formats
- Fixing Problems with Your Photos
- Saving Photos in the Right Format and Size
- Creating a CD of Your Photos
- Creating a Video DVD of Your Photos or Videos
- Creating a Photo Book
Creating a CD of Your Photos
The easiest photo gift to give is a CD of your photos. You can use the built-in CD burning capabilities in Windows 7 (and Windows Vista) to create a CD. If you use Windows XP, I recommend you use a third-party CD-burning application.
Here are some ways to make sure it’s appreciated and used effectively:
- Use CD-R media instead of CD-RW media. CD-R media can be read by any PC with a CD or DVD drive and can also be used in many low-end DVD players. Photo printing kiosks in stores can also read photos from CD-R media.
- If you have an all-in-one unit or photo printer that can print on CDs, use printable CD-R media and create a custom label. Alternatively, if your DVD drive supports LightScribe, you should use LightScribe-compatible CD-R media and create a custom label.
- Create a custom CD jewel case insert, an option in most third-party CD creation programs.
- If you are giving this gift to people who are unfamiliar with working with computer media, make it easy for them to enjoy the photos by also sending them a video DVD of your photos.