This chapter is from the book
- Al-Ruwaili, S.A., and Al-Waheed, H.H.: "Improved Petrophysical Methods and Techniques for Shaly Sands Evaluation," paper SPE 89735 presented at the 2004 SPE International Petroleum Conference in Puebla, Mexico, November 8–9, 2004.
- Amyx, J.W., Bass, D.M., Jr., and Whiting, R.L.: Petroleum Reservoir Engineering, Physical Properties, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1960.
- Coates, G.R., Menger, S., Prammer, M., and Miller, D.: "Applying NMR Total and Effective Porosity to Formation Evaluation," paper SPE 38736 presented at the 1997 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, San Antonio, Texas, October 5–8, 1997.
- Ellis, D.: "Formation Porosity Estimation from Density Logs," Petrophysics, (September–October, 2003) 306–316.
- Wyllie, M.R.J., Gregory, A.R., and Gardner, G.H.F.: "Elastic Wave Velocity in Heterogeneous and Porous Media," Geophysics, (1956) 41–70.
- Raymer, L.L., Hunt, E.R., and Gardner, J.S.: "An Improved Sonic Transit Time-To-Porosity Transform," SPWLA Twenty-First Annual Logging Symposium, July 8–11, 1980.
- Freedman, R.: "Advances in NMR Logging," SPE 89177, Distinguished Author Series, JPT, (January 2006) 60–66.
- Bachman, H.N., Crary, S., Heidler, R., LaVigne, J., and Akkurt, R.: "Porosity Determination from NMR Log Data: The Effects of Acquisition Parameters," paper SPE 110803 presented at the 2007 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Anaheim, California, November 11–14, 2007.
- Akkurt, R., Kersey, D.G., and Zainalabedin, K.: "Challenges for Everyday NMR: An Operator's Perspective," paper SPE 102247 presented at the 2006 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, San Antonio, Texas, September 24–27, 2006.
- Seifert, D.J., Akkurt, R., Al-Dossary, S., Shokeir, R., and Ersoz, H.: "Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Logging: While Drilling, Wireline, and Fluid Sampling," paper SPE 105605 presented at the 15th SPE Middle East Oil & Gas Show and Conference, Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain, March 11–14, 2007.