Who’s Who in Retail and Online Deals
You can also find technology deals at “brick and mortar” stores and their associated websites by following these links and suggestions.
Members’ Only Warehouse Stores
Both Costco and Sam’s Club frequently offer very good deals on technology items, but the cost of a membership should be factored in if you’re not already a member. Check for special deals on memberships or limited-time offers that enable you to shop without a membership to help you decide if the savings they offer on PCs, digital cameras and camcorders as well as ketchup, meat, and movies make a membership worthwhile for you. Be sure to check the clearance shelves for extra-big savings.
Major Electronics and Computer Stores
Most “big-box” discount, electronics, and computer store chains offer some clearance items at local stores. These could be open box, display samples, or other types of markdowns. In addition to haunting the clearance shelves, here are some additional online resources:
- The Best Buy website can check availability of listed products in local stores for both outlet and regular products, saving you valuable time.
- Directron.com’s clearance department provides a wide variety of computer components, software, and accessories.
- NewEgg’s Specials page is the easiest way to find daily deals, recertified, open box, clearance, free shipping and other offers.
- Overstock.com offers refurbished computer hardware and refurbished camera and photo as well as great deals on new products.
- Radio Shack’s outlet store site provides links to in-store clearance as well as online-only closeouts and discontinued merchandise.
- TigerDirect’s clearance, open box, and recertified items are available from the More Shopping section of the home page.
- Target’s clearance items are available from the Clearance link on the home page.
- Walmart’s clearance items are available from the All Departments page; click Clearance. To find rollbacks and special buys, click the department and click the links from the department home page.
Technology Deal Specialty Stores
If you’re wondering why you don’t see a lot of open box, refurbished, or other technology bargains at local stores, the answer might be that they’ve been shipped to stores that specialize in selling off these items. Stores such as TechforLess, ElectroComputerWarehouse, PCExchange, and others specialize in selling refurbished, open box, and other technology deals, and can provide very large discounts from new.
Office Supply Stores
In addition to browsing the clearance shelves of local stores, follow these links for more deals:
- Office Depot’s Clearance departments display what’s available at local stores as well as online-only offers. Office Depot’s TechDepot also offers clearance savings.
- OfficeMax’s online Clearance departments provide a variety of filtering options and user reviews.
- Staples’ Hot Deals Center lists clearance and other specials, user reviews, and you can check in-store availability.