- Entering Data and Making Changes
- Entering Data
- Editing and Deleting Existing Data
- Zooming Into Your Data
- Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Copying and Pasting Data
- Freezing Rows and Columns
- Splitting a Worksheet
- Inserting Cells
- Deleting Cells
- Inserting and Deleting Rows
- Inserting and Deleting Columns
- Moving Data
- Finding Data
- Replacing Data
- Applying a Data Filter
- Sorting Data
- Adding and Managing Cell Comments
Excel lets you move information from one cell into another cell, which means you do not have to type the data into the new cell and then erase the data in the old location. You might want to move data in a worksheet because the layout of the worksheet has changed.
Select the cells you want to move.
Click the border of the selected cells and drag the cells to the location in the worksheet where you want to move the data.
Observe that Excel has moved your data.