- Understanding Foreground and Background Colors
- Using the Brush and Brush Presets Panels
- Modifying the Brush Presets Panel
- Selecting Brush Tip Sets
- Adjusting Brush Tips
- Adjusting Bristle Brush Tips
- Creating Customized Brush Tips
- Saving Customized Brush Tips
- Working with the Brush and Airbrush Tools
- Working with the Mixed Brush Tool
- Working with the Pencil Tool
- Working with Auto Erase
- Working with the Line Tool
- Using the Standard Shape Tool
- Working with the Custom Shape Tool
- Creating a Custom Shape
- Saving Custom Shape Sets
- Using the Paint Bucket Tool
- Working with the Eraser Tools
- Working with the Magic Eraser Tool
- Creating and Applying Gradients
- Creating and Saving Customized Gradients
- Using the Color Replacement Tool
Adjusting Bristle Brush Tips
Bristle brushes (New!) simulate the effects of painting with a natural brush, such as watercolors and oils. When you use a bristle brush, it paints with vectors to resemble a natural brush stroke. When you select a bristle brush, you can set brush options, such as brush shape (either, round or flat), brush size, length, density, thickness, and stiffness. If you want to see a visual representation of your changes, use the Toggle the Bristle Brush Preview button (New!) on the panel. When you use a writing tablet and 6D pen, such as a Wacom Art Pen, with a bristle brush, the pen responds to pressure, bearing, rotation, and tilt.
Adjust a Bristle Brush Tip
- Select a Brush tool on the toolbox, and then select the Brush panel.
- Click to select a bristle brush tip.
- To show or hide the bristle brush preview, click the Toggle the Bristle Brush Preview button on the panel.
- Select from the various bristle options:
Shape. Lets you select a bristle brush shape, such as Round or Flat (Point, Blunt, Curve, Angle, or Fan).
Bristles. Lets you modify the density of the bristle between 1% and 100%. The density is the number of bristles in a specified area of the brush neck.
Length. Lets you modify the length of the bristle between 25% and 500%.
Thickness. Lets you modify the thickness of the bristle from fine to coarse between 1% and 200%.
Stiffness. Specify the rigidness of the bristle between 1% to 100%. A lower value creates flexible bristles, while a higher value creates stiffer bristles.
Angle. Lets you modify the angle of the brush.