- Understanding Foreground and Background Colors
- Using the Brush and Brush Presets Panels
- Modifying the Brush Presets Panel
- Selecting Brush Tip Sets
- Adjusting Brush Tips
- Adjusting Bristle Brush Tips
- Creating Customized Brush Tips
- Saving Customized Brush Tips
- Working with the Brush and Airbrush Tools
- Working with the Mixed Brush Tool
- Working with the Pencil Tool
- Working with Auto Erase
- Working with the Line Tool
- Using the Standard Shape Tool
- Working with the Custom Shape Tool
- Creating a Custom Shape
- Saving Custom Shape Sets
- Using the Paint Bucket Tool
- Working with the Eraser Tools
- Working with the Magic Eraser Tool
- Creating and Applying Gradients
- Creating and Saving Customized Gradients
- Using the Color Replacement Tool
Working with the Mixed Brush Tool
With the Mixed Brush tool (New!), you can define multiple colors on a single brush tip, and then mix and blend them together with the underlying hues on your canvas. With a photo, you can use a dry, empty brush to blend the existing colors while at the same time adding a painting effect to the image. Mixer Brush options on the Control panel allow you to control the wetness of the brush, the load rate to add paint to the brush, the mixing rate between the brush and canvas color, and whether the brush is refilled, cleaned, or both after each painting stroke.
Work with the Mixed Brush Tool
- Select the Mixed Brush tool on the toolbox.
- Select a brush tip on the Options bar or from the Brush panel.
- Select a mixing color.
- Click the Current Brush Load list arrow, and then select Load Brush, Clean Brush, or Load Solid Colors Only.
- Click the Load the Brush After Each Stroke or Clear the Brush After Each Stroke button.
- Click the Blending Combinations list arrow, and then select a preset.
- Specify a percentage (1% to 100%), or click the list arrow, and then drag the slider for any of the following Mixed Brush
options on the Options bar:
Wet. Controls the wetness of the brush.
Load. Controls the load rate to add paint to the brush.
Mix. Controls the mix rate between the brush and canvas color.
Flow. Controls the amount of ink supplied to the brush.
- Drag within the image to paint.