Searching Project Data
On large projects, it's sometimes difficult to find the exact information you need. For example, if you have hundreds of messages and comments, it could take you a while to find the specific one where someone mentioned something about logo colors. To find information faster, use Basecamp's search feature to search for words or phrases mentioned in messages, comments, milestones, to-dos, and files.
To perform a search, follow these steps:
- On any page in the project you want to search, click the Search tab.
- On the Search page, enter the topic you want to search for in the text box. Search terms aren't case-sensitive, so searching for "Flash" and "flash" return the same results, for example.
- Click the Search button. Basecamp searches the project data and displays a list of matches, shown in Figure 4.11.
Figure 4.11 Search large projects for the exact information you need.
- If your search returns a long list, you can filter Messages, Comments, To-Dos, Files, or Milestones.
- Click the title of the item you want to view.
Basecamp displays a list of your recent searches on the right side of the screen. You can click the link for any of these previous searches to perform the search again on the latest project data. If you no longer want to view your previous searches, click the Clear link.