- Customization #1: Change the Desktop Theme
- Customization #2: Create a Desktop Slideshow
- Customization #3: Move the Taskbar
- Customization #4: Add Programs and Documents to the Taskbar
- Customization #5: Personalize the Start Menu
- Customization #6: Change What the Power Button Does
- Customization #7: Add Gadgets to the Desktop
- Customization #8: Change Windows 7's Default Programs
- Customization #9: Remove Auto-Loading Programs
- Customization #10: Remove Unnecessary Windows Components
Customization #6: Change What the Power Button Does
The Power button is that big button at the bottom right of the Start menu that you typically use to shut down your computer. You can, however, choose to have that big button perform any of the following tasks:
- Shut Down (turns off your PC)
- Log Off
- Switch User
Now, all these options are available when you click the right arrow next to the Power button. But you can assign any of these options to the Power button itself, by following these steps:
- Right-click the Start button and select Properties from the pop-up menu. (Alternately, open the Control Panel and select Taskbar and Start Menu.)
- When the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box appears, select the Start Menu tab.
- Pull down the Power Button Action list and select a new option.
- Click the OK button.