Downloading Windows Live Essentials Applications
All the Windows Live Essentials are available for free download from Microsoft's website. They can be installed on any computer running Windows XP (with Service Pack 2 installed), Windows Vista, or Windows 7. (Windows Live Movie Maker and Windows Live Photo Gallery run only on Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems.)
To download and install any or all of these applications, follow these steps:
- Point your web browser to download.live.com.
- Click the Download button.
- When you see the File Download dialog box, click Run.
- If you see a User Account Control prompt, click Yes.
- You now see the Windows Live window, shown in Figure 1. Check those applications you want to install.
- Click Install to begin the download and installation.
Figure 1 Selecting applications to install
We'll look at each of the Windows Live Essentials applications next.