- Working with Files, Folders, and Disks
- Viewing Files and Folders
- Navigating Folders
- Working with Libraries
- Searching for Files
- Creating New Folders
- Renaming Files and Folders
- Copying Files
- Moving Files
- Deleting Files
- Working with Compressed Folders
- Copying Files to Another Computer
- Backing Up Your Important Files
Creating New Folders
The more files you create, the harder it is to organize and find things on your hard disk. When the number of files you have becomes unmanageable, you need to create more folders—and subfolders—to better categorize your files.
To create a new folder, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the drive or folder where you want to place the new folder.
- Click the New Folder button on the toolbar.
- A new, empty folder now appears within the Windows Explorer window, with the filename New Folder highlighted.
- Type a name for your folder (which overwrites the New Folder name) and press Enter.