Creating a Network Connection in Windows
Now for a Windows user to connect to the VPN server, you must configure the computer with a network connection. Here's how to do it in Windows XP:
- Open the Network Connections window.
- Double-click the New Connection icon to start the wizard and click Next.
- Select Connect To The Network At My Workspace and click Next.
- Select Virtual Private Network Connection and click Next.
- Enter a Company Name, which will be the name of the new connection, and click Next.
- Enter the IP address of your RouterOS server and then click Finish.
- On the connection window that appears, click the Properties button and select the Security tab.
- Click the IPsec Settings button, select the Use Pre-Shared Key For Authentication checkbox, enter the same password you create for the Pre-Shared Key secret on RouterOS, and then click OK.
- On the Properties window, select the Networking tab and choose the L2TP IPSec VPN option.
- Click OK to save the property changes.